Buying Guide – Large WindowsWho doesn’t love large windows? They’re beautiful, let in a lot of natural light, and can be focal points in your interior design. But they are also notoriously difficult to cover because many window coverings aren’t available for extra wide windows. And that can mean compromising on style just to find large window blinds or shades that actually fit your window.
But it doesn’t have to be that way, not if you know where to shop and what to look for. One of your options is to have multiple blinds or shades on a single headrail. This is a convenient way to cover your windows and provide a cohesive shared headrail. But if you’re looking for a single unit to cover your large window, you still have options. Let us take the guesswork out of blinds and shades for large windows 100” and wider.
Here are some large window treatment ideas:
A classic, timeless option, several roller shades are available in extreme widths, including Reminiscent Vinyl Blackout Roller Shades and Good Housekeeping Light Filtering Roller Shades. They’re simple yet stylish, and they complement any décor.
- Signature Vinyl Blackout Roller Shades
- Signature Fabric Roller Shades
- Select Light Filtering Roller Shades with Cassette
- Select Room Darkening Roller Shades with Cassette
- Good Housekeeping Light Filtering Roller Shades
Solar shades have the classic functionality of roller shades, but they add a modern look and feel to your space. Depending on the openness you choose, you can even keep your view when the shades are drawn. Solar shades also reduce glare and help to improve your home’s energy efficiency.
- Select Sheer Weave 5% Solar Shades
- Select Sheer Weave 10% Solar Shades
- Select Sheer Weave 1% Solar Shades
- Select Sheer Weave 14% Solar Shades
Sheer shades are the perfect blend of traditional blinds and modern shades. These shades are made of fabric slats with sheer fabric overlays on either side. You can keep the slats open so you can see outside, but you still get beautiful filtered light.
- 2" Light Filtering Sheer Shades
- 3" Light Filtering Sheer Shades
- 3" Room Darkening Sheer Shades
- 2" Room Darkening Sheer Shades
- @Home Collection 2" Linen Light Filtering Sheer
- @Home Collection 2 1/2" Sheer Room Darkening
- @Home Collection 2 1/2" Sheer Light Filtering
Vertical blinds are a classic choice for extra-wide windows. If you like a more traditional look, these are the perfect option. Vertical blinds have been around for many years, but the vertical blinds today aren’t what they used to be. They’re even better, making them perfect window treatments for large windows. Now our verticals are 100% cordless and 100% safe for children.
- 3 ½” Premium Smooth Vertical Blinds
- 3 ½” Basic Fabric Vertical Blinds
- 3 ½” Premium Faux Wood Vertical Blinds
- 3 1/2” Select Textured Vertical Blinds
- 3 ½” Designer Faux Wood Vertical Blinds
- 3 ½” Premier Fabric Vertical Blinds
- 3 ½” Premium Textured Vertical Blinds
- 3 ½” Deluxe Vertical Blinds
Panel tracks are a more modern version of traditional vertical blinds. They have the functionality of vertical blinds but with a new, refreshing look and feel.