Measuring Instructions for Roman Shades
Elegant roman shades come in a variety of color, patterns, and fabrics. They give the feel of drapery, but they have modern functionality, giving you the best of both worlds.
View Instructions for Inside Mount
Inside mounted roman shades mount inside the window casing, and do not cover the window molding.
View Instructions for Outside Mount
Outside mounted roman shades are mounted on the wall and cover the window molding.
Instructions for Inside Mounted Roman Shades
- Is your window deep enough for an inside mount? Find out by referencing the mounting surface requirements by clicking on the “Product Info” tab on the product’s page.
Measuring the Width
- Begin by measuring the width of the window. Measure from left to right and measure at the top, middle, and then bottom of the window.
- Record the narrowest width of the 3 measurements down to the closest 1/8".
- If you are getting a 1/16" or 1/32" increment, round down to the nearest 1/8". (For example, if the narrowest measurement is 24 9/16", round down to 24 1/2". If it's 24 3/8", no need to round down.)
- This is the width you will need to order for your window.
Measuring the height
- Measure the height from top to bottom, starting at the top left, then moving to the center, and then measuring from the top right to the window sill
- Record the largest height out of the 3 measurements up to the closest 1/8".
- If you are getting a 1/16" or 1/32" increment, round up to the nearest 1/8". (For Example, If the largest measurement is 24 9/16", round up to 24 5/8". If it's 24 1/2", no need to round up.)
- If you have several windows in a room that are all very similar in height, order all of them at the largest height to ensure similar pleat sizes.
Please don’t make your own deductions. We’ll take care of that for you. This helps us ensure your product will fit perfectly. If you feel you need to add width for better light coverage, order an outside mount instead. Please review the deduction chart below that we’ll use when making your order.
Instructions for Outside Mounted Roman Shades
An outside mount covers the entire window opening and frame. As a result, there are additions that you’ll need to make to order the correct size. We will make the roman shades you’ve ordered to the dimensions you specify and will make no additions for you.
Flat surface requirements
- You’ll need approximately 2 ½” of flat space to have an outside mount. Find more flat surface mounting information in the “Product Info” tab under the product information page.
Measuring the width
- For the width, measure the window opening in three places (top, middle, and bottom), and use the widest of the three measurements.
- Take that number and add a minimum of two inches to each side, for a total of four inches, for the best coverage.
- Use this width when ordering.
Measuring the height
- Measure the top left, center, and top right of the window to find the height.
- Take the biggest measurement and add at least two inches on the top and bottom, adding more depending on the amount of light coverage you’re looking for, and that will be the number you’ll use when ordering.
- If you have several windows in a room that are all similar in height, order all of them at the largest height to ensure similar pleats.
|Roman Shades||Depth required for secure inside mount||Depth needed for flush inside mount||Flat surface for outside mount||Total Deduction|
|Classic/Essential/Modern||2 1/4"||2 3/4"||3"||1/2"|
|Select/Premier||1 1/2"||2 1/4"||1"||1/4"|
|Luxe Modern||3/4"||3"||1 1/2"||7/8"|
|Designer Collection||3"||4 1/8"||1"||
5/8" CC Loop