How To Replace Blind or Shade Cord Locks
Inevitably, mechanical parts wear over time and can break from use. If you need to replace the cord lock on your blinds or shades below is a list of easy steps to replace the cord lock.
- Remove the blind or shade from the window.
- Untie the draw cords. DO NOT cut the cord as it is measured for the length of the shade or blinds. Tip: Mark the position of the knot on the draw cords to help identify where you will retie the knot later.
- Pull the draw cords through the top of the cord lock mechanism.
- Pop the cord lock mechanism out of the blind or shade headrail.
The new cord lock assembly should come completely assembled. If it does not, follow these simple steps
- Insert the pawl into the cord lock housing.
- Insert the pin into the cord lock housing.
- Insert the new cord lock into the blind or shade headrail. Press down unto the housing snaps into place. You should hear a click when it is in position.
- Thread the draw cords back through the new cord lock between the pin and pawl and through the headrail.
- Retie the knot in the draw cords on the mark previously placed on the cords.
Check out our most popular Product Discounts:
|1" Premium Aluminum Blinds||2" Premium Faux Wood Blinds||2" Designer Basswood Wood Blinds|
|Shop Now!||Shop Now!||Shop Now!|