How To Replace Blind Slats
Instructions for replacing slat(s) of horizontal blinds:
- Remove the plugs located on the bottom side of the bottomrail to reveal the knotted lift cord.
- Undo the knot and pull the lift cord out from the front of the blind. Only pull out the lift cord through the routed holes in as many of the slats as necessary to release the slats you are removing.
- Replace desired slat(s).
- Restring the lift cord through each slat in the blind. Alternate the lift cord from left to right on each ladder rung as you work your way down the blind.
- Insert the lift cord through the bottomrail hole and tie a knot. Make sure that the lift cords are even and that the bottomrail hangs straight.
- Replace the bottomrail plugs back into the holes on the bottom of the bottomrail. Use a rubber mallet or hammer to keep from marking the plugs.