Why You'll Love Them
How They'll Help You
There’s nothing quite as sophisticated and classic as the texture of real wooden shutters. The clean lines and soft, but sturdy framing of these LIfestyle Painted Shutters make them a perfect fit for almost any personal decorating style. They always impress from the curb, too. Plus, they come in so many gorgeous neutral colors that there’s no way they won't match!
Whether you favor a traditional, modern, or even a more eclectic interior scheme, there’s a Lifestyle Painted Shutter to fit your style. Choose from a plethora of options, to create your ideal custom, painted wood plantation shutter. Are you considering bronze, black or stainless-steel hinges? No problem! There are even eight different panel configurations to choose from so that you don’t have to settle for a less than a perfect fit for your home.
When selecting a frame for your new interior window shutters, there are two main styles: modern and traditional. Which one you choose will depend on the type of mount you need (inside or outside) and your own personal style. That being said, we recommend an outside mount with the 2” Deco frame. It’s the easiest to install and has a special insert that hides any screws from view. And you know that tilt bar that runs down the middle or is hidden on the back? That's to make sure your louvers are aligned and working together. To adjust your shutters, just push up or down on the slats themselves to set them exactly where you want. Wherever you may live, whether in humid Florida or dry Arizona, you don't have to worry about your wooden LIfestyle Painted Shutters shrinking, cracking, swelling, peeling, etc.
"The idea of customized window shutters scared me. I was afraid to spend that much money on something that didn’t work..... while updating our kitchen, we decided to go for it and I’m so glad that we did! Their instructions for measuring the blinds were so easy and they even called me a few days later to ensure it was exactly what we wanted. Every facet of the blinds were carefully chosen by me (a daunting responsibility lol).... When they came in, they fit like a glove! And they were sooooo easy to install! I can’t wait to order more blinds!!"
- Jessica G., Ponchatoula, LA
"Select blinds has the best quality and prices. I love the way the shutter look."
- L.R. from Utah
- Need something while you wait? Check out our affordable Redi Shades Temporary Paper Shades!
- When considering an inside mount frame, you should also measure on the diagonal (from corner to corner) each way. If the measurements are off more than 1/2", you should consider ordering an outside mount frame.
- If your windows tilt in, you should consider an outside mount frame. An inside mount frame will prevent you from opening your windows.
- Trim molding can affect the installation of your shutters. Ideally, not having trim molding works best. If your windows have trim molding, please click here to see another shutter option that would work best with your windows.
- If you window has a sill then you need to choose the 4 Sided w/ Sill Frame option to ensure your shutters can be installed properly.
- A replacement louver is included with each shutter. This should be stored in a safe place, wrapped up and laid flat (so there will not be any warping) so you'll be able to fix your louver immediately in case of an accident and it'll match perfectly since they are produced at the same time as your shutter.
- 36" maximum width for single panel.
- Pre-drilled installation holes are strategically placed on all frames for accurate, quick and clean installation. Some assembly is required.
- If your louvers are loose and don't want to stay in place, each shutter panel has a tension screw on each side. Simply use a screwdriver to turn each tension screw a 1/4 of a turn. Do this on both sides of the panel.
- Please note this product is not covered under our FIT Guarantee.
- To avoid light gaps around the frame, consider ordering an outside mount frame.
- When ordering outside mount shutters, please ensure you read our Measure & Install tab to ensure you are entering the correct measurements for your shutters.
- Shutters over 74" in height need to have a dividing rail.
- To avoid excess louver overlap, a minimum of 18" is required between divider rail and the top/bottom rail of the shutter.
- Shutters with a hidden tilt and height over 52" are required to have a dividing rail.
- When ordering adjacent shutters in the same room, to achieve a uniform appearance you must specify that all adjacent shutters and their divider rails be the same height.
- Measuring for shutters is very important. Please ensure you are selecting the correct measurements above. Don't hesitate to give one of our shutter experts a call at 888-257-1840 and we can help guide you through the process. Check out our Measure & Install tab for more information.
|Frame Type||4 Sided||4 Sided with Sill|
|7/8" Modern & 7/8" Beaded Classic||Add 4" to your window width & height||Add 4" to your window width & 2" to your height|
|2" Deco with Insert||Add 5 1/2" to your window width & height||Add 5 1/2" to your window width & 2 3/4" to your height|
- 10" - 120"
- 16" - 102"
- 1 1/2" required for 2 1/2" louver
- 1 7/8" required for 3 1/2" louver
- 2 3/8" required for 4 1/2" louver
- 1/8" required for 2 1/2" louver
- 5/8" required for 3 1/2" louver
- 1 1/8" required for 4 1/2" louver
- 8" - 36"