Description and Features
Looking for an affordable real wood shutter you can install yourself? Try these on for size. Open the sturdy hand-rubbed, wood stained slats in this traditional plantation-style wood shutter to let the natural breeze blow through. They come with pre-drilled holes and panels already hinged to the frame so you can hang them in minutes. Made from high-quality, all-natural hardwoods, they’re easy to care for, too, so you’ll enjoy this classic look on your windows and doors for years to come.
Did you know that wood shutters are naturally energy efficient, too? The stylish 2-1/2” or 3-1/2” louvered slats seal tightly when closed to keep out unwanted light and air. With two frame styles to choose from, they can work on almost any window. Standard, flat-backed L-frames can be mounted inside or outside your window, framing your shutter panels and windows with clean, streamlined edges. If you’re windows aren’t exactly square, try an optional Z-frame made specifically for inside mounts. They give you a little more leeway for adjustments and give windows with no existing trim a sophisticated, finished look.
Select Stained Wood Shutters can be ordered in a variety of popular styles customized to fit your window’s size, position and functionality. Use a single panel that can be mounted to open from the left or right on single windows. Larger openings look great with two panels that open to the side from the middle. Or cover them with two or four bi-fold panels that can be opened flat against the wall, or four panels with a center T-post that allows for independent operation of each shutter.
- Made from premium quality natural hardwoods
- Quick and easy to install
- Customizable configurations
- Energy-efficient, eco-friendly
- Child-safe, no cords
- Water-based paints free of lead and heavy metal substances
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Made in U.S.A.
- Free shipping
Recommendations & Limitations
- L-Frame shutters made up to 1/4" smaller than ordered width and height on an inside mount.
- Z-Frame shutters made up to 3/8" smaller than ordered width and height on an inside mount.
- Classic front tilt, the traditional tilt type for shutters, comes standard with each panel. A tilt rod control is attached to the louvers in the center of each panel and offers tight closure and stability when opening and closing the louvers.
- Maximum panel width for single panel is 30".
- For panels over 64" in height, a dividing rail is required.
- Inside Mount applications are not recommended with Tilt-In windows. Outside (face) Mount applications allows Tilt-In windows to function properly.
- Pre-drilled installation holes are strategically placed on all frames for accurate, quick and clean installation.
- Panels will arrive pre-hinged to the framing for added convenience. Some assembly is required.
- Inside L frame will require caulking between the frame and wall/trim to give a finished look. Caulk is not included.
- Inside Mount should not be selected if window is more than 1/4" out of square. Outside Mount applications conceal out of square window issues.
- Outside mounted shutters will arrive at ordered width and height. Frame additions are necessary to properly clear window opening and allow for shutter installation. Add 2.5" to window opening width and height measurements for L-Frame.
- When ordering adjacent shutters in the same room, to achieve a uniform appearance you must specify that all adjacent shutters and their divider rails be the same height. If the measurements of the shutters differ slightly, apply one of the three options (keeping in mind that adjacent shutters and their divider rails must always be ordered exactly the same height)
1) For outside mounts, increase the ordered height of the smaller shutters to equal the taller shutters.
2) For inside mounts, reduce the ordered height of the taller shutters to equal the smaller shutters.
3) For inside mounts with height differences of 1/2" or more, change to an outside mount.
|Specifications and Installation|
|Min Inside-Mount Depth||
|Single Panel Width||