Description and features
Experiencing the seven-year redecorating itch? Scratch it with the timeless beauty and elegance of our Premium Stained Wood Shutters. These exquisite window treatments are expertly carved from the highly-sustainable Paulowina tree to give you quality, custom craftsmanship that will last for an eternity. Meticulously hand-stained and polished to a high luster in a variety of traditional wood stains, they’re guaranteed to last a lifetime with minimal maintenance.
Enjoy the distinct, natural grains and characteristics of these terrific timbers in three popular plantation-style sizes: 2-1/2”, 3-1/2” and 4-1/2”. Like they’re painted counterparts, this product is custom crafted and specially treated to reduce shrinking and swelling according to moisture levels where they’re installed. And speaking of installation, you can DIY quickly and easily with pre-installed magnets and hinges, pre-mitered frames and slotted keyholes for simple assembly.
Sustain your style for years to come. Order a free sample (or two or three) today to help the environment – inside and out!
- Reinforced engineered stiles for more durable shutter support and light blockage between panels
- Mortise and tendon joinery resists shear and racking forces for prolonged stability and durability
- Treated with Prescription Wood Conditioning™ technique according to moisture content of final installation location to reduce post-installation shrinking and swelling
- Pre-installed magnets and hinges, pre-mitered frames and slotted keyholes for easy assembly and installation
- Child-safe, no cords
- Free of lead and heavy metal substances
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Free shipping
- Minimum width: 12"
- Maximum width: 104"
- Minimum height: 12"
- Maximum height: 120"
- Inside Mount Deductions: 1/8"
- 36 inch maximum width for single panel
- For Panels over 66 inches in height, a dividing rail is suggested. For Panels over 78 inches tall, a dividing rail is required
- Invisible tilt for products over 55" tall will be split, allowing you to tilt the top and bottom halves of louvers independently
- Dividing rail has a standard height of 3". Up to 2" of deviation from center is acceptable depending on height.
- Panel locks are brushed-nickel in color. Placement of locks is typically in the center bottom of the product. Steel hinges are recommended for coordination
- Ring pull will be color matched to the hinge selection
- There will be sizable light gaps when ordering the L Frame for inside mount applications on windows with no existing molding. We suggest upgrading to a Z Frame.
- Min. depth of 2 1/4" is required for 2.5" louver; Min. depth of 2 7/8" is required for 3.5" louver. Min. depth of 3 1/2" is required for 4.5" louver.
- Outside mounted products will arrive at ordered width and height. Frame additions are necessary to properly clear window opening and allow the shutter to be installed. Add 4" to window opening measurements for L Frame. Add 5 1/2 " for 2" Deco Frame (If window has protruding window sill, add only 2" to height for L Frame and 2 3/4" to height for Deco Frame).
- When ordering adjacent shutters in the same room, to achieve a uniform appearance you must specify that all adjacent shutters and their divider rails be built exactly the same height. If the measurements of the products differ slightly, apply one of the three options:
1) For outside mounts, increase the ordered height of the smaller ones to equal the taller ones.
2) For inside mounts, reduce the ordered height of the taller ones to equal the smaller ones (not recommended for L Frame).
3) For inside mounts with height differences of 1/2" or more, change to an outside mount.