HOW THEY'LL HELP YOU
Proud home owners have always turned to traditional plantation shutters to add value and beauty to their homes. And with these hybrid shutters, you can add even more.
This reasonably priced Classic Hybrid Shutter combines the timeless beauty, elegance and durability of real hardwood frames with the even longer-lasting resiliency of solid poly panels for a custom window treatment that does much more than just look good. The panels help insulate windows and doors 65% better than all-wood shutters to keep energy bills low and rooms more comfortable. The laser-baked, glass-like painted finish on the panels resists harmful UV rays, so they won’t yellow, crack, chip, split, or warp. They’ll hold their value and look like new for years to come.
To maintain your privacy, choose from wide 2-1/2”, 3-1/2” or 4-1/2” louvers you can flip open and close with your hand. (Be sure to check the depth and operation of your window before selecting louver size.) To eliminate light leaks when closed, run your hand over them in an upward motion to tightly close the louvers. Tilt the louvers to easily adjust the amount of light you let in or keep out with a modern hidden (psst! It’s in the back.) or regular front tilt rod. And bonus! An extra replacement louver from the same dye lot is included with every panel so should you ever need to replace one, you don’t have to worry about it matching the others.
These interior window shutters are the perfect fit for almost any window, even those that aren’t perfectly square (which no window really is). The solid wood frame slides easily into or over openings, covering light gaps between the shutter and window. For inside mounts, choose between a stylish 2 1/4" Classic Crown or 2" Modern flat style frame. Hanging your shutters as an outside mount? You have even more choices with 7/8" Modern, 7/8" Beaded Classic, or Deco with Insert style frames. They’re easy to install, too, with pre-drilled holes to make mounting inside or over windows practically foolproof.
It takes a little longer to make quality crafted durable shutter blinds like these, but we promise: they’re well worth the wait. The wood used in the frames, for example, is kiln dried according to the humidity level in the region you live in. So mold’s no match for them in high-humidity areas, and they won’t dry out and form spider cracks in drier regions. Other construction details include rust-proof staples, and mortise and tenon joints –a feature found in the finest wood furniture – to join the head and bottom rails to the stiles. The stiles are engineered to prevent warping, while hidden magnets hold panels securely in place.
A germophobe’s delight, the antimicrobial poly panels are hypoallergenic, too. Just wipe with a damp cloth to keep them clean.
Get the best of both worlds with these wood-and-poly products. They’re available in several neutral shades of white to complement every décor. Sample one of each to find the perfect match for yours.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THEM
- Solid wood frames and durable poly panels for long-lasting beauty
- Great insulation for windows and doors, save on energy costs
- Moisture resistant, antimicrobial poly panels
WHY OTHER HAPPY CUSTOMERS DO
“After making the rounds of the big box stores, I decided to try these as they offered the best deal for custom sizes. Ordering was easy, and I'm very pleased with how they look. Installation was very easy, but I would recommend a little help as they are a bit heavy.”
- Need something while you wait? Check out our affordable Redi Shades Temporary Paper Shades!
- Measuring for shutters is very important. Please ensure you are selecting the correct measurements above. Don't hesitate to give one of our shutter experts a call at 888-257-1840 and we can help guide you though the process. Check out our Measure & Install tab for more information.
- When considering an inside mount frame, you should also measure on the diagonal (from corner to corner) each way. If the measurements are off more than 1/2", you should consider ordering an outside mount frame.
- If your windows tilt in, you should consider an outside mount frame. An inside mount frame will prevent you from opening your windows.
- Trim molding can affect the installation of your shutters. Ideally, not having trim molding works best. If your windows have trim molding, please click here to see another shutter option that would work best with your windows.
- If you window has a sill then you need to choose the 4 Sided w/ Sill Frame option to ensure your shutters can be installed properly.
- Do not use the tilt bar to open and close your shutters. This bar's purpose is to move all the louvers at the same time. To open or close, simply but gently move one louver in the direction you desire and the rest will follow.
- A replacement louver is included with each shutter. This should be stored is a safe place, wrapped up and laid flat (so there will not be any warping) so you'll be able to fix your louver immediately in case of an accident and it'll match perfectly since they are produced at the same time as your shutter.
- 36" maximum width for single panel.
- Pre-drilled installation holes are strategically placed on all frames for accurate, quick and clean installation. Some assembly is required.
- If your louvers are loose and don't want to stay in place, each shutter panel has a tension screw on each side. Simply use a screwdriver to turn each tension screw a 1/4 of a turn. Do this on both sides of the panel.
- Please note this product is not covered under our FIT Guarantee.
- To avoid light gaps around the frame, consider ordering an outside mount frame.
- When ordering outside mount shutters, please ensure you read our Measure & Install tab to ensure you are entering the correct measurements for your shutters.
- To avoid excess louver overlap, a minimum of 18" is required between divider rail and the top/bottom rail of the shutter.
- Shutters over 74" in height need to have a dividing rail.
- Shutters with a hidden tilt and over 52" are required to have a dividing rail.
- When ordering adjacent shutters in the same room, to achieve a uniform appearance you must specify that all adjacent shutters and their divider rails be the same height.
|Specifications and Installation|
|Width with Frame||
|Height with Frame||
|Min Inside-Mount Depth||
|Min Outside-Mount Depth||
|Single Panel Width||
|Outside Mount Width & Height Frame Additions|
|Frame Type||4 sided||4 sided with sill|
|7/8" Modern & 7/8" Beaded Classic||Add 3" to your window width & height||Add 3" to your window width & 1 1/2" to your height|
|2" Deco with Insert||Add 5 1/4" to your window width & height||Add 5 1/4" to your window width &
2 5/8" to your height