Why You'll Love Them
How They'll Help You
They say "your taste buds change every seven years." If so, that might explain how often most people do a major update on their home. Thankfully, these Architect Stained Shutters are so refined and luxurious that you won’t want to change them.
These stained, wooden plantation shutters are carved to give you quality craftsmanship. Plus, they will elevate any current or future major design overhauls. Choose from a selection of beautifully stained natural hardwoods to create the perfect look for any room in your home. Pair them with one of several different hinge colors to add a touch of personality to your custom wood shutters.
The five available frame types vary from modern flat frames to a more traditional crown molding style. Our favorite recommendation is the 2” Deco frame. It has an easy-to-use, stick-on decorative panel that hides the screws from view. It also ensures your interior window shutters will have a clean, finished look. And did we mention the multitude of configurations available? From a single panel on one side to two panels on both sides with a T-post in the middle, there’s a perfect fit for almost any window! Sustain your style for years to come with these chic window coverings, that can adjust the light intensity in any room by simply pushing the louvers up and down! Cast the morning light across the living room or direct the setting sun toward the ground during afternoon relaxation. Give your home the splash of rustic sophistication it's been needing with new custom plantation shutters!
"This past weekend we installed our Architect Stained Shutters. We were amazed at the ease of installation, and the quality of the product. We are so very happy. Our new shutters enhanced the room tremendously."
- John and Jodi, Wellesley Island, NY
“Did 6 windows and all came out great! Love the way they look, really transformed the rooms. definitely would recommend these to my friends.”
- Sandy R., Cave Creek, AZ
- Need something while you wait? Check out our affordable Redi Shades Temporary Paper Shades!
- Measuring for shutters is very important. Please ensure you are selecting the correct measurements above. Don't hesitate to give one of our shutter experts a call at 888-257-1840 and we can help guide you through the process. Check out our Measure & Install tab for more information.
- When considering an inside mount frame, you should also measure on the diagonal (from corner to corner) each way. If the measurements are off more than 1/2", you should consider ordering an outside mount frame.
- If your windows tilt in, you should consider an outside mount frame. An inside mount frame will prevent you from opening your windows.
- Trim molding can affect the installation of your shutters. Ideally, not having trim molding works best. If your windows have trim molding, please click here to see another shutter option that would work best with your windows.
- If you window has a sill then you need to choose the 4 Sided w/ Sill Frame option to ensure your shutters can be installed properly.
- A replacement louver is included with each shutter. This should be stored is a safe place, wrapped up and laid flat (so there will not be any warping) so you'll be able to fix your louver immediately in case of an accident and it'll match perfectly since they are produced at the same time as your shutter.
- 36" maximum width for single panel.
- Pre-drilled installation holes are strategically placed on all frames for accurate, quick and clean installation. Some assembly is required.
- If your louvers are loose and don't want to stay in place, each shutter panel has a tension screw on each side. Simply use a screwdriver to turn each tension screw a 1/4 of a turn. Do this on both sides of the panel.
- Please note this product is not covered under our FIT Guarantee.
- To avoid light gaps around the frame, consider ordering an outside mount frame.
- When ordering outside mount shutters, please ensure you read our Measure & Install tab to ensure you are entering the correct measurements for your shutters.
- Shutters over 74" in height need to have a dividing rail.
- To avoid excess louver overlap, a minimum of 18" is required between divider rail and the top/bottom rail of the shutter.
- Shutters with a hidden tilt and over 52" are required to have a dividing rail.
- When ordering adjacent shutters in the same room, to achieve a uniform appearance you must specify that all adjacent shutters and their divider rails be the same height.
|Frame Type||4 Sided||4 Sided with Sill|
|7/8" Modern & 7/8" Beaded Classic||Add 4" to your window width & height||Add 4" to your window width & 2" to your height|
|2" Deco with Insert||Add 5 1/2" to your window width & height||Add 5 1/2" to your window width & 2 3/4" to your height|
- 10"- 120"
- 16" - 102"
- 1 1/2" required for 2 1/2" louver
- 1 7/8" required for 3 1/2" louver
- 2 3/8" required for 4 1/2" louver
- 1/8" required for 2 1/2" louver
- 5/8" required for 3 1/2" louver
- 1 1/8" required for 4 1/2" louver
- 8" - 36"