SelectBlinds.com College Scholarship
“Whenever I have a gift to give and am faced with the task of deciding whom to give it to, first and foremost I consider how much the people receiving my gift can benefit from it, and more importantly, how much they can make of it.”
SelectBlinds.com $1,000 College Scholarship 2018 Winner
Congratulations, Aiden Stephan! Select Blinds is honored to award you with our 2018 $1,000 college scholarship!
A very gifted young man, at just 17 Jacob has started his collegiate career in the William Penn Honors program at George Fox University, where he's majoring in Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Music while pursing his passion for origami. It is his goal to “explore designing and creating new products that utilize origami to improve our lives,” which is the basis for his award-winning submission of a new exterior window shade that generates environmentally friendly, renewable solar energy.
Read more about Aiden’s innovative, origami-inspired design, and see why he was selected from more than 600 qualifiers for this year’s SelectBlinds.com $1,000 college scholarship.
Thanks again, Aiden, for your submission. WTG!
APPLY NOW for the SelectBlinds.com 2019 $1,000 College Scholarship! Applicants may email their submissions or links to their submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Select Blinds, we love and value innovation, education and most of all, passion. That’s what our scholarship program is all about. We want to see your innovative spirit and learn what you’re passionate about. It could earn you $1,000 to use toward your college expenses! Scroll on to find out how!
We want your innovative design ideas on how to create the perfect space, for you or someone you want to design for. Could be a dorm room, bedroom, office, she-shed or man cave; go crazy. Your design plan must include:
- Description of space you are designing
- An inspiration/idea board for the space using actual samples from our site
- Visuals of how you envision the “big reveal” – what will the completed space look like?
Show us your creativity and design process via video, photos or images, infographic, etc. Order up to 10 FREE samples to use in your project here. (No purchase required. We ship them to you for free, too.) Bonus points for including some creative ideas for using them when you’re done!
Along with your design project, the only other thing you need to send us is a cover letter describing who you are, what you’re passionate about, the dreams/goals you’re pursuing through your major in college – basically, why you think you should receive this scholarship.
We look forward to receiving your ideas and submissions. Thanks for applying!
Submission deadline: June 14, 2019
Applicants may email their submissions or links to their submissions to email@example.com
When you apply, please include the following:
- Legal first and last name
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Name of school/college/university and proposed year of graduation
- Course of study/declared major
- Current official (or unofficial) school transcript
- Cover letter per above
The following eligibility requirements must be met in order to be considered for the scholarship:
- Must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States of America or have a valid student visa.
- Must be registered as a student at an accredited high school, college, or university within the United States ONLY.
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Scholarship recipients are required to submit a current photo and a publicity release granting Select Blinds permission to use their photo online at SelectBlinds.com and in other marketing materials and communications.
- Winner will be contacted by phone or email. If winner does not reply by the date specified, Select Blinds reserves the right to cancel the scholarship offer and award it to another applicant.
- Winner will be announced by July 15, 2019.
- The scholarship amount will be given to the university or college where the winner is currently studying or enrolled. The money is to be used to further his/her education, including course-related expenses, books and supplies, housing, etc.
- No purchase of any Select Blinds product or creation of any customer account required. Ordering free samples does add you to our mailing list, but you can opt out from receiving emails from us at any time.