SelectBlinds.com College Scholarship
Inspired Design Wins SelectBlinds.com $1,000 College Scholarship 2019 for Claire King
Taking a scientific approach to the art of studying, Claire King, a student at The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C., applied her passion for art and design to create a stunning space dedicated to promoting good study habits that would make any dorm dweller drool. Her delightfully detailed inspo board would definitely inspire us to hit the books, which is why we were happy to award her with our annual $1,000 College Scholarship.
Claire looks forward to using the scholarship to continue her education at Catholic U., where she's majoring in English Language and Literature. She loves attending classes there, she says, because "it's the center of the arts district in D.C., and I love working with kids in the arts. I work at different centers in my community and work with kids at art camps. I also volunteer abroad teaching English to kids. I also do art within the community, like mural painting and collaborations with other artists."
This obviously talented young woman has a bright future ahead. Check out how she used product samples from SelectBlinds.com in her inspiring design and you'll see why!
At Select Blinds, we love and value innovation, education and most of all, passion. That’s what our scholarship program is all about. We want to see your innovative spirit and learn what you’re passionate about. It could earn you $1,000 to use toward your college expenses!
What's your passion? Share it with us for a chance to win the SelectBlinds.com 2020 $1,000 College Scholarship!
Apply now! Here's how.
Applying for the 2020 SelectBlinds.com $1000 College Scholarship award requires two things.
First, send us your innovative ideas for one of the following:
- A fresh, new, creative way to use window coverings (other than just covering windows), OR
- Tell us about a new technology you're interested in that could be used to enhance and improve the way window treatments work.
You can use any format or tools (videos, infographics, words, photos, modeling, original art and imagery) you think best tell the story about and most effectively illustrate your ideas. Creativity counts!
Second, eligible candidates must also submit a 250-750 word essay to help us get to know a little more about you and why you'd be a good candidate for this scholarship. Write your essay answering just one (1) of the following questions:
Why did you choose your field of study/major, and how do you see yourself using it in 10 years?
What's the importance of your current major(s) in today's society?
To date, what are your most meaningful accomplishments/achievements, and how do they relate to your field of study?
What do you want to do to make the world a better place? What are you doing now?
Email your submission materials to email@example.com.
Submission Deadline: July 15, 2020
When you apply, please include the following information in a cover letter along with (or links to) your presentation materials and essay:
- Legal first and last name
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Name of school/college/university and proposed year of graduation
- Course of study/declared major
- Current official (or unofficial) school transcript
The following eligibility requirements must be met in order to be considered for the scholarship:
- Must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States of America or have a valid student visa.
- Must be registered as a student at an accredited high school, college, or university within the United States ONLY.
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Scholarship recipients are required to submit a current photo and a publicity release granting Select Blinds permission to use their photo online at SelectBlinds.com and in other marketing materials and communications.
- Winner will be contacted by phone or email. If we don't hear back from winner in a specified time frame, we reserve the right to cancel the scholarship offer and award it to another applicant.
- Winner will be announced by July 20, 2020.
- The scholarship amount will be given to the university or college where the winner is currently studying or enrolled. The money is to be used to further the student's education, including course-related expenses, books and supplies, housing, etc.