Measuring Instructions for Faux Wood Blinds
View Instructions for Inside Mount
Inside mounted faux wood blinds mount inside the window casing, and do not cover the window molding.
View Instructions for Outside Mount
Outside mounted faux wood blinds are mounted on the wall and cover the window molding.
Instructions for Inside Mounted Faux Wood Blinds
- The first step is to make sure that your window is deep enough to be able to do an inside mount. Find your window treatment’s minimum mounting surface requirements in the “Product Info” tab on the information page of the product you chose. Measure the amount of space you have where you plan on attaching the mounting brackets.
Measuring the width
- Measure the exact width (left to right) of the inside edge of the window frame in three different places (top, middle, and bottom).
- Write down the narrowest width of the 3 measurements down to the closest 1/8".
- If you are getting a 1/16" or 1/32" increment, round down to the nearest 1/8". (For example, if the narrowest measurement is 24 9/16," round down to 24 1/2". If it's 24 3/8", no need to round down.)
- This is the width you will need to order for your window.
Measuring the height
- Measure the exact height of the window frame from the top to the bottom in three different places (top left, center, and top right down to the window sill).
- Document the largest height out of the 3 measurements up to the closest 1/8".
- If you are getting a 1/16" or 1/32" increment, round up to the nearest 1/8". (For Example, If the largest measurement is 24 9/16," round up to 24 5/8". If it's 24 1/2", no need to round up.)
- This is the height that you will order for your faux wood window coverings.
Our factory will make all necessary deductions to the exact window measurements you provide to us to ensure your product will fit and operate perfectly in your window. Do not make your own deductions. Do not add to the width to make up for any deductions. If you would like more light coverage, consider an outside mount. See chart below for the deductions per collection:
Instructions for Outside Mounted Faux Wood Blinds
Considering an outside mount will cover your entire window opening and frame, there are some additions that you will need to make to ensure that you order the precise size. We will make your window treatment to the dimensions you specify and will make no changes for you.
Flat Surface Fundamental Requirements
- Decide where it is that you want to mount the blind. Confirm you have approximately 2 ½” of flat surface to mount the product, either on top of any trim you may have or above the trim on the wall. It’s completely up to you and what your preference may be. You can find more precise flat surface mounting advice in the “Product Info” tab under the product information page.
Measuring the width
- Measure the true width of the window opening in three distinct places (top of the window, middle of the window, and the bottom of the window).
- Record the biggest width out of the three different measurements.
- Make a minimal addition to the size of 2” on each side or 4” total. For instance, if the opening of the window is 72 inches, it would be helpful to order 76”. This will provide 2” of coverage on each side of the window for light gap coverage and maximum privacy.
- Adjust the additions as much as you’d like, but the above example is a good starting point.
- Use the final number for the width measurement.
Measuring the height
- The exact height of your window opening needs to be measured in three particular places: top left, center, and top right down to the bottom of the window sill.
- Note the greatest height out of the 3 height measurements.
- Make a minimum addition to the size of 2” for the top and 2” for the bottom or 4” total. For example, if the window height is 36” inches, it would be helpful to order 40”. This will provide enough of a flat surface to mount the blinds while providing maximum privacy and light gap coverage.
- Feel free to make the additions as small or as large as you want.
- Use this number as the height.
|Faux Wood Blinds||Depth required for secure inside mount||Depth needed for flush inside mount||Flat surface for outside mount||Total Deduction|
|Essential||3/4"||3 1/2"||2 1/4"||1/2"|
|Classic||1 1/8"||2 3/4"||1 3/4"||1/2"|
|Premium||3/4"||3 1/2"||2 1/4"||1/2"|
|Designer||1 1/8"||3"||2 1/4"||1/2"|
|Premier||1 1/8"||3"||2 1/4"||
1/8" off valance
1/2" off headrail & slats