June 11 Is National Making Life Beautiful Day
National Making Life Beautiful Day celebrates those who make life beautiful. From street artists, to podcast pundits, to volunteers, to teachers, to all those who work to help heal the wounded, ease the hearts of the weary and empower others to be the best person they can be. When you create beauty by building relationships and helping others, your actions create a ripple effect, making life beautiful not just for yourself, but for everyone around you, too.
The beautiful thing about National Making Life Beautiful Day? We can all do something simple to make life beautiful for ourselves and others. Not just on June 11 but every day. Here are just a few ways.
- Spontaneous acts of simple human kindness are a beautiful thing. Hold a door open for someone. Offer to pick up groceries for an elderly or home bound neighbor. Give a caregiver a much needed break by enabling them some time to take care of themselves.
- Express yourself and share your talent with the world. Take or paint a picture. Write a letter or a book. Send a card. Make music. Sing a song. Dance. Take a TikTok video of something you think is beautiful.
- Pay someone a compliment. Give a stranger your smile.
- Volunteer. Share your talents with a cause or organization you’re passionate about. Helping a community garden grow, donating to a local food bank, fostering or adopting an animal from the local shelter are all great ways to let your inner beauty shine through.
- Tell the people you love you love them. Love is the most beautiful thing of all. So share and show it. Give those you love your time. Over a meal or watching a movie. With a call or a hug.
- Get outside. Take time to appreciate the beauty in nature. Watch the sun rise or set. Walk on the beach or through the mountains. Play in the park. Watch the clouds shift shapes. Smell the flowers and arrange them in a beautiful bouquet to brighten a room.
- Add things to your home that bring joy and beauty. Frame and display your favorite photos. Re-purpose a piece of old furniture. Change a room’s color scheme. Plant a garden or try out your green thumb by switching out your artificial plants with real ones.
- Take a stand. Stand up for something you believe in and use your voice to advocate positive change.
How are you celebrating the beauty in your life? Share how you’re making life beautiful today by using #MakingLifeBeautifulDay on social media.