We’re SUPER excited about our biggest Black Friday Sale EVAH! Whether shopping for new custom window treatments from SelectBlinds.com, or the latest tech gear or a new television on other sites, use these tips to save some time and money, and to enjoy a safe online shopping experience throughout the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales weekend.
- Do your research. Check product and retailer reviews (like our 300,000+ 5-star reviews) before buying from a site. Study the day after Thanksgiving sales ads — online and print. (It’s the one time of the year when you want to actually look at all that “junk” mail you get!) Google “Black Friday websites” to find dozens of sites where you can sign up for deal alerts.
- Start filling your cart. Start a cart and save it so you’re ready to check out quickly when the deep discounts go into effect. Most sites keep carts from a couple of days to weeks before thinking you’ve abandoned them. If you’re thinking of shopping a new site, go ahead and set up an account to get in and out quicker over the holiday weekend.
- Sample, sample, sample! Order up to 15 FREE samples of anything on our site and we’ll give you our best Black Friday deal on any product order you place within 30 days of sampling! (It’s the sale that — almost — never ends!) That also gives you plenty of time to start measuring your windows so you’re ready to fill your cart faster! Here’s how:
- Use price and online coupon tools. Use retailer shopping apps to scan products and price-shop online. Beware of fake apps, though. Similar to phishing emails that look legit, there are lots of counterfeit apps that pop up in Apple’s App Store and Google Play looking to steal your credit card and other info. To be safe, download shopping apps from the company’s official website.
- Get social. Friends love to “share” great deals – and bogus bargains – so check your feeds frequently throughout the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend. Like or follow your favorite retailers (like Select Blinds!). When you do, many will reward you with special alerts on Black Friday discounts and incentives.
- Check price-match, shipping and return policies in advance. Read the fine print in the Black Friday ads. Some stores may suspend price-match guarantees on certain items for Black Friday sales. Pay special attention to shipping charges to make sure they don’t cancel out the great deal you’re getting. (Here on SelectBlinds, you get FREE shipping on everything, every size, every day!) Understand a site’s return and exchange policies to ensure you won’t be charged a restocking fee if you have to return something.
- Shop at home on secure sites you know. To keep your ID and information safe, it’s best to shop online from home. Avoid using hotspots and public WiFi networks. URLs for secure sites are often highlighted in green, or include a padlock symbol like this:in the address bar. Look for URLs with “https” versus “http” (the “s” stands for “secure”). SelectBlinds.com is also secured by McAfee Secure software and is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau.
- Use a secure payment method. To avoid the risk of fraudulent charges, shop on sites that only take secure payment methods (e.g., major credit cards or PayPal). And here’s a big tip: Use gift cards! They’re a smart way to shop online without having to provide any financial information.