19 Aug 2014
Here at Select Blinds, we have a lot of options when it comes to window coverings. A common struggle for many people is deciding if real wood blinds or faux wood blinds are better. In short, there isn't a clear cut general answer. Which one is better depends on your needs, your style, and your lifestyle. So, in order to make that important decision, start with the pros and cons of each.
Real Wood Blinds
- Lightweight, making them great for large windows.
- Comes in a variety of luxurious stains.
- Generally more stain and paint options than with faux wood blinds.
- Warps and bows with humidity, moisture, and extreme temperatures.
- Less durable than its faux wood counterpart.
- More expensive than faux wood blinds.
Faux Wood Blinds
- Looks just like real wood.
- Incredibly durable, so they're perfect for homes with children and pets.
- Moisture and humidity-resistant, so they're ideal for bathrooms and kitchens.
- Great in extreme temperatures.
- Heavier than real wood blinds, so they're not recommended for large windows, unless you choose the multiple blinds on 1 headrail option.
- Fewer color choices when compared to real wood blinds.
So which appeals to you more, real wood or faux wood blinds?