10 Jan 2014
Winter is here. And sometimes, winter is harsh and unforgiving. Winter can leave your home cold and drafty, with every bit of warm air escaping as quickly as it can. But there are ways to keep your electric bills low and still have a comfortable, warm home. And the best part is that you have options.
When you hear the word “drapery,” you might think of your grandmother’s house, but drapes have been modernized to include interesting and fashionable fabrics and patterns, making them a great, customized fit for every home. With drapes, you can:
- Keep the warmth in and block the cold out.
- Update your room instantly and create a whole new look with one simple change, with 100s of color, pattern, and fabric options.
- Add liners for your needs, like blackout and privacy liners.
Honeycomb, Cellular, and Solar Shades
Honeycomb, cellular, and solar shades provide added insulation for your windows, but using these shades doesn’t mean you have to spend your winter in darkness. With these shades, you can:
- Maintain a comfortable home temperature and block out harmful UV rays.
- Choose a blackout shade option for added privacy.
- Filter and diffuse the bright sunlight to create a warm, inviting glow.
- Reduce glare, making it perfect for viewing computer and television screens.
Combining both the shades and the drapes can give your home the barrier it needs from the cold. Winterizing is easy. All it takes is a few changes and updates, and you’re looking at a toasty and comfortable winter season inside your home.